This guide goes through all the steps necessary to integtrate Backtrace with Stride
The steps in this process are
- Generate Conversation Token
- Set up Integration
Generate Conversation Token
To set up integration with Stride an app token must be generated for each conversation that messages are going to be sent to.
- Click on the Apps Icon located on the right hand section of the converstation window, this will open up the Apps window.
- Click the + icon at the top of the Apps window to add a new App.
- Click the 'Connect your app' link from the first box or click 'Add Custom App' from the top menu bar under the converstation name
- Ensure that 'API tokens' is selected not 'Installation URL', and give the application a name. This name will show up whenever Backtrace posts messages through this API. After giving the App a name click the create button.
- Copy the access token and the converstation URL
To set up the integration, first go to the Configuration page within the Web Console:
Next, select the project you want to add a integration for:
Then click Integrations in the left-hand menu, then Create a New Integration on the right, and pick the integration:
For Stride, the following settings are required to send the message.
- The API endpointThis is the part before /sites in the URL from the Generate Conversation Token section
- One or more sites
- One or more conversation per site
- An API id for each conversationThis is a hex string following the /site in the URL from the Generate App Token section
- A conversation ID for each conversationThis follows the /conversation in the URL from the Generate App Token section.
- A conversation token for each conversationThis is the token generated from the Generate App Token section.
Next: After filling in the integration-specific settings, proceed to Common Settings to finish configuring the integration.