Pricing and Deployment Tiers
Backtrace offers three main pricing and deployment tiers. The Free and Self Service tier have a some limitations on users, number of monthly crashes, retention periods, and features.
- Free – Our free tier was created for low volume, single user environments. We also support qualified open source projects on our free tier. Backtrace is free for single user accounts with up to a limited number of crashes per month. Backtrace also offers an Open Source option for free to qualifying projects. Check out our Open Source page for more information.
- Self Service – Our Self Service tier is a multi-tenant hosted environment for your Backtrace instance. It will retain dump files for 90 days, and metadata associated with crashes for up to 1 year. It offers a limited number of users and crash volumes.
- Enterprise – Our Enterprise tier supports dedicated hosted instances, or on-premises deployments, with custom service agreements, custom number of users and crash volumes, custom retention configurations, and additional features.
See "What features are included in the different tiers" for more information.
Backtrace for Gaming
Backtrace is offering a special Backtrace for Gaming Tier to better serve our customers and partners in the gaming industry. We understand that many studios who are developing a game need a way to more easily scale as they acquire Monthly Active Users (MAU) when their game is released to market, and this pricing and deployment tier is geared towards these needs.
- This tier includes support for UE4, Unity, Crashpad, iOS and Android Error Reporting Libraries. Note that we limit the use of reporting from Crashpad, iOS and Android to video games.
- This tier reduces the entry level cost for incorporating Backtrace with a game that is early in development cycle.
- As studios release their game to their testers and the public, this tier offers a relevant and easy to understand metric for calculating monthly Backtrace costs based on the number of users that you are monitoring and analyzing potential crashes for.